8. FTL: Faster Than LightFTL has amazing music, great mechanics and punishing difficulty. The game has been made by just two people who got funding through Kickstarter.
7. Rocket LeagueThe premise of racing cars playing football might seem stupid, but Indie developer Psyonix managed to make this an officially licensed Esport!
6. Shovel KnightShovel Knight is a nod to the past with a pixelated art style, rewarding platforming and huge sales across all platforms.
5. TerrariaAnother game that attempts to throw us back to the early 2000s, Terraria has sold over 18 million copies, which is huge even for mainstream publishers.
4. Stardew ValleyTaking care of a farm while maintaining interpersonal relationships seems straightforward, but Stardew Valley challenges you and forces you to be efficient.
3. HOTLINE MIAMIHotline Miami is a truly strange experience as you don't expect the pixel art style to handle the vulgarity and gore of the story so well.
2. UndertaleBranching paths, difficult decisions and memorable characters; Undertale will always reflect your inner psyche through its unique approach to storytelling.
For more stories