1) Facebook has more than 900 million active users. If the company were a country, it would be the third largest in the world after China (population: 1.34 billion) and India (population: 1.17 billion).
2) With 157 million members, the United States has the most Facebook users, followed by India with 45.9 million, Brazil with 45.3 million, Indonesia with 42.4 million and Mexico with 32.9 million. (source: socialbakers.com)
3) Facebook is the most popular social network in every country of the world, with the exceptions of China, Japan, Russia, South Korea and Vietnam. (source: comScore)
4) In April, Facebook announced a billion-dollar deal to buy the startup behind wildly popular smartphone photo sharing application Instagram, its biggest acquisition to date.
5) Facebook has minted four billionaires: Mark Zuckerberg, Dustin Moskovitz, Eduardo Saverin and Sean Parker. The 27-year-old Zuckerberg's net worth was estimated at $17.5 billion on the 2011 Forbes list of the wealthiest Americans. Moskovitz had a net worth of $3.5 billion but pipped Zuckerberg for the title of world's youngest billionaire, being eight days younger. The Brazilian-born Saverin, who left Facebook early on after a falling-out with Zuckerberg, had a net worth of $2 billion. Parker, the Napster co-founder who briefly served as Facebook's president, had a net worth of $2.1 billion.
6) Chris Hughes, one of Facebook's four co-founders, served as director of online organizing for Barack Obama's successful 2008 presidential campaign.
7) Facebook says it had an average of 526 million daily active users in March 2012, an increase of 41 percent from a year ago. It had registered 125 billion "friend connections" as of March 31 and 3.2 billion "likes" and comments.
8) More than 300 million photos are uploaded to Facebook every day and more than 488 million active users access Facebook using mobile devices.
9) "The Social Network," the 2010 film about the origins of Facebook, won four Golden Globes -- including for best picture and best director -- but flopped at the Oscars, walking away with only awards for best adapted screenplay, original score and film editing.
10) Facebook, which currently employs some 3,500 people, has announced plans to hire "thousands" more over the next year.
For the latest tech news and reviews, follow Gadgets 360 on Twitter, Facebook, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.