Thirty-eight owners of the Galaxy Note 7 smartphone in South Korea plan to file a class action lawsuit against Samsung Electronics Company for alleged inconvenience experienced after the discontinuation of the device, a law firm said on Wednesday.
Each person in the suit, which will be filed with the Seoul Central District Court on next Monday, is seeking KRW 300,000 ($266.8) in damages, Harvest Law Office said.
The complaint also states that the consumers experienced anxiety over safety while using the Galaxy Note 7.
Koh Young-il, an attorney at the law firm, said he expects the firm to win the suit, given precedents for faulty products.
Last week, Samsung permanently halted sales and production of the fire-prone Galaxy Note 7, about two months after the device's launch.