Apart from getting three new colours
, Samsung Galaxy S III mini users in Asia can rejoice the new year with some more good news.
Prominent Samsung blog SamMobile
is reporting that the Korean giant is now shipping the Galaxy S III mini with the latest version of Android Jelly Bean, v4.1.2 in Vietnam and Indonesia. Other Asian regions should soon be getting the good news as well. Initially when launched, the Galaxy S III mini devices came out with Android 4.1.1.
Whether or not the latest Jelly Bean version on the Galaxy S III mini includes all features from the company's Premium Suite, is something users will have to find out on their own.
For those unaware, the Galaxy S III mini was launched in October
this year and is a miniature version of the company's current flagship smartphone the Samsung Galaxy S III. It features a 4-inch screen and runs Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. The smartphone inherits Galaxy S III's features like S Voice, Smart Stay, Direct Call and S Beam.
The compact S III version is powered by a dual-core 1GHz processor and features a 5-megapixel camera. It has a 1500 mAh battery and 8/16GB internal storage options.
Just recently, the Galaxy Note web page
hinted Premium Suite features for original Note users as part of the Android Jelly Bean 4.1 update. But it did not provide a timeline for the said update.Premium Suite features include
- Multi Window that lets you view and perform multiple tasks on the same screen
- Popup Note that helps you jot down information while on a call
- Popup Video and Popup Browser that allow you to catch a video or surf the Web while performing other tasks on the device
- Photo Note and Photo Frame features that enable users to write notes on the front or back of their photos
- Easy Clip that lets you crop text or images from any screen to save it or share it
- S Planner, which allows you to send handwritten notes to yourself
- Paper Artist that lets you add various picture editing effects
- Enhanced S Note feature, which lets you create notebooks with images, videos, templates and other effects
Affiliate links may be automatically generated - see our ethics statement for details.