The company on Tuesday has announced the slow roll-out of an OTA (over-the-air) update dubbed CM 11S 38R for the One smartphone, which importantly fixes a major problem users had been complaining about - an unresponsive touch screen that required reboot to fix. In August, OnePlus had pushed the CM 11S 33R update for the touch unresponsiveness, but it had only fixed the issue partially.
The CM 11S 38R update for OnePlus One also brings some enhancements along with bug fixes. The OnePlus One camera gains the ability to take photos in RAW format and the app gets a pause button during video recording. The other camera related issues such as camera exposure compensation stuck in 'auto' and camera not starting when LED torch is already on, have also been fixed with the CM 11S 38R update.
For music playback, the OnePlus One smartphone now supports playback for 24-bit, 96/192khz flac/ alac/ wav files without resampling. It also adds a new lock screen, ANT+ support for connecting health accessories, and direct bug reporting ability.
As the OTA update is slowly rolling out to OnePlus One users, those who are interested in getting the update quickly can download the signed apk for manual installation from Android Police. The team has also published (see below) a video of the improved touchscreen after the update.CM 11S 38R update changelog by OnePlus :
- Added method for users to report bugs directly to Cyanogen.
- Added pause button during video recording.
- Improved battery life.
- Fixed issues with camera exposure compensation stuck in 'auto'.
- Fixed issues with '4G Preferred' option not connecting to 3G data.
- Fixed issues with delay in torch activation.
- Fixed issues with unresponsive screen requiring reboot.
- Fixed issues with static in speaker when changing volume while headset plugged in.
- Fixed issues with rotation not triggering when rotated slowly.
- Fixed issues with Quiet Hours/ system UI causing battery drain on last day of month.
- Fixed issues with camera not starting when LED torch is already on.
- Fixed issues with Bluetooth volume low on connection.