Quoting sources at Motorola, TK Technews in a report claims that the company is planning to launch the Droid, the Droid Maxx, the recently leaked Droid Turbo, the long-rumoured Moto X+1, the Moto G (likely referring to the successor of the Moto G), the Moto X Play, the Moto S and the much-anticipated next Nexus smartphone codenamed 'Shamu' before the end of the year.
According to the report, the rumoured Droid and Droid Turbo will likely debut on AT&T with new branding; the alleged Droid device is said to be tied with an upcoming Star Wars movie, and lastly, the alleged Moto X Play might be launched as a mini-variant of the Moto S.
The report further details that how some of the rumoured Motorola devices are related to others. Reportedly, if the Moto X+1 does not perform well in terms of sales then the alleged Moto S sporting a 5.9-inch display could be scrapped and the alleged 5.2-inch Moto X Play would be launched as the Moto S. This does not too much sense if as rumoured the Moto X+1 comes with a 5.2-inch display - instead, Motorola will probably scrap Moto X Play, and stick with the larger Moto S.
Earlier this week, a Motorola handset dubbed Motorola XT1254 running on Verizon and tipped to be called Droid Turbo was leaked in some screenshots that listed the specifications of the device.
The former Google-owned company has been rumoured to be working on a 'Shamu' codenamed handset for months now, believed to be the next Nexus smartphone that's expected to be called the Nexus 6.
Notably, out of the rumoured eight devices said to debut before Christmas, successors to the popular Moto X and Moto G - rumoured to be called the Moto X+1 and Moto G2 respectively - are likely to launch at a pre-IFA event on September 4.
On Wednesday, Motorola India also confirmed an event on September 5 in the country, where the company is expected to launch the successors of the Moto X and Moto G alongside its much-awaited Moto 360 smartwatch.