Australian woman electrocuted while using iPhone

Share on Facebook Tweet Snapchat Share Reddit Comment
Australian woman electrocuted while using iPhone
A 20-year-old Australian woman has been hospitalised in Sydney after she got a shock from her iPhone, according to media reports.

The woman from Sydney's north was taken to Royal North Shore Hospital in a stable condition, the spokeswoman of New South Wales (NSW) Ambulance was quoted as saying in reports.

It is not known if the phone was plugged in to a charger at the time, she said, adding that the paramedics had responded to a number of shocks from mobile phone chargers this year.

Inspector John Brotherhood said it only took a small shock to interfere with your heart.

"Basically, if the jolt moves you, if it takes your breath away or if it's at all a cause for concern, you need to get it checked out," he said.

The incident comes a week after technology giant Apple announced it will launch an investigation into claims that an iPhone electrocuted a Chinese flight attendant who was making a call while charging her iphone.

(Also see: Chinese family says daughter got electrocuted while using iPhone)

NSW Ambulance attended 232 Triple Zero calls for electric shocks between January 1 and June 30 this year, reports said.

Comments

For the latest tech news and reviews, follow Gadgets 360 on Twitter, Facebook, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

Further reading: Apple, iPhone
Josh Thunder with 5.7-inch display launched for Rs. 15,999
Aircel customers can now access Wikipedia on their mobile phones for free

Related Stories

 
 

Advertisement

 

Advertisement

© Copyright Red Pixels Ventures Limited 2020. All rights reserved.