Apple has announced the iPhone 4S which maintains the same design as the iPhone 4, but now features Apple's dual core A5 processor, boasts of 7 times more powerful graphics.
Apart from these features the iPhone 4S will improved battery life, a 8-megapixel camera with 1080p HD recording, a intelligent wireless antenna switching system, HSPA+ connectivity and will also have a 64GB version.Some of the new features are as follows:
- Looks same from outside; all new inside
- It has an A5 chip, same as the iPad 2 - Two times faster than the previous phone
- Dual core graphics; seven times faster
- Eight megapixels camera, with 33 per cent faster capture seconds to take first photo
- Infrared filter for more accurate colors - 30 per cent sharper
- Face detection in camera, 26 per cent better white balance
- 1080p video recording
- Better call quality
- Intelligently switches between antennas to transmit and receive
- World phone: Has both GSM and CDMA
- Eight hours of 3G talk time
- Six hours browsing time; nine hours on WiFi
- Ten hours of video playback, 40 hours music
- New voice assistant called Siri - Recognises natural language
- Siri exclusive to iPhone 4S
- Available in both black and white colours
The iPhone 4S will be a world phone, will support both GSM and CDMA networks. The 16GB version will be for $199, the 32GB version will be for $299 and the 64GB one will cost $399.
The pre-orders for the device will begin from October 7 and the device will hit the markets on October 14. The device will be available initially in the US, Canada, Australia, UK, France, Germany and Japan. Unfortunately for us Indians there is no launch date for India.
While the iPhone 4S was announced there was no sign of the rumoured iPhone 5, which was supposedly having an edge-to-edge display.
In the meantime checkout the iPhone 4S picture gallery
For the latest tech news and reviews, follow Gadgets 360 on Twitter, Facebook, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.