Android 8.0 Oreo, Google's latest mobile operating system, after showing up in October Android distribution chart for the first time has made a small rise in new version chart. The latest distribution numbers from Google reveal that the Android Oreo is inching closer to 1 percent of active Android devices though it may take couple of more months. Last month, Android Oreo was reported running on 0.2 percent of Android devices, and it has now reached 0.3 percent of active devices.
We can expect the Oreo numbers of get a bump as soon as new premium Android smartphone make it to the market running the new Android 8.0 version out-of-box. Google has updated its Google Play distribution data for the seven-day period ending November 9.
The updated Android distribution numbers confirm that Android 7.0 is now present on 17.6 percent of active devices while Android 7.1 is present on 3 percent devices, making the total number as 20.6 percent. Last month, Android Nougat (Android 7.0 and Android 7.1) was running on 17.8 percent of active devices.
Sharing the latest distribution data of different versions of Android, Google reported that Marshmallow has a total share of 30.9 percent of Android devices that check into Google Play, which means it still powers the majority of Android devices. Last month, Android Marshmallow was powering 32 percent of active Android devices.
In the latest data released by Google, Android Lollipop has a total share of 27.2 percent of active Android devices (with Android 5.0 Lollipop running on 6.4 percent of devices and Android 5.1 Lollipop at 20.8 percent) that checked into Google Play. Last month, Android Lollipop had a total share of 27.7 percent.
Other Android versions listed in the latest distribution data include Android KitKat which is running on 13.8 percent; Android Jelly Bean has a combined share of 6.2 percent, while Android 4.0.x or Ice Cream Sandwich and Android Gingerbread (v2.3.3-2.3.7), in Google's latest numbers, registered a share of 0.5 percent each. To note, the figures are gathered from devices visiting the Google Play app, which only supports Android 2.2 and above.
Google also updated its OpenGL version distribution numbers which has OpenGL 3.0 at 45.5 percent, and OpenGL version 2.0 steadily rising to 37 percent.