Android KitKat Now Running on 24.5 Percent of Android Devices: Google

Share on Facebook Tweet Snapchat Share Reddit Comment
Android KitKat Now Running on 24.5 Percent of Android Devices: Google
Android KitKat, the latest publicly available version of Google's mobile and tablet operating system, is now powering nearly 25 percent of Android devices, according to the latest Google Play distribution data.

The new data revealed by Google shows that KitKat running devices are steadily rising while closing the gap on Jelly Bean-powered devices. Sharing the distribution data of different versions of Android, Google reported that KitKat OS has a total share of 24.5 percent of Android devices that check into Google Play compared to the 20.9 percent reported in August - an increase of 3.6 percent.

The Mountain View giant, sharing the Google Play distribution data of Android devices with different versions of the operating system for the 7-day period ending September 9, shows that Android Jelly Bean still powers the majority of Android devices, with the combined percentage of 53.8 percent - undergoing a drop of small 0.4 percent compared to a combined percentage of 54.2 percent in August. The Android 4.1.x is seen on 25.1 percent devices, Android 4.2.x on 20.7 percent and Android 4.3 on 8 percent devices.

android_share_sept_google_developer.jpg

Android 4.0.x or Ice Cream Sandwich, in Google's September report, registered a share of 9.6 percent, when compared to 10.6 percent last month.

Android Gingerbread (v 2.3.3-2.3.7) and Android 2.2 Froyo's device distribution shares are 11.4 percent and 0.7 percent respectively in the latest report, compared to corresponding 13.6 percent and 0.7 percent respectively in August.

Google also noted, "This data is gathered from the new Google Play Store app, which supports Android 2.2 and above, devices running older versions are not included. However, in August, 2013, versions older than Android 2.2 accounted for about 1 percent of devices that checked in to Google servers."

The OpenGL version, on the other hand, saw OpenGL 2.0 at dominating 77.5 percent, and OpenGL version 3.0 steadily rising to 22.5 percent. Last month, the OpenGL version data revealed that OpenGL 2.0 was at 80.2 percent, while the OpenGL version 3.0 came at 19.7 percent.

Comments

For the latest tech news and reviews, follow Gadgets 360 on Twitter, Facebook, and Google News. For the latest videos on gadgets and tech, subscribe to our YouTube channel.

Facebook Apologises After Rejecting Father's Plea to Help Baby
HTC Sends 'Double Exposure' Invite for October 8 Event

Related Stories

 
 

Advertisement

Advertisement

© Copyright Red Pixels Ventures Limited 2020. All rights reserved.
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com