Awesome Gadget with some compromises. !!
By Sumit Chauhan | 2 May 2014
The nexus 5 is the best phone in this price range, it does come with a small battery & the camera is not the best considering other flagship models but the fact that you get the latest chipset from Qualcomm & the adreno 330 GPU along with 2GB ram & most important of all updates from google for the next 18 months at least makes this phone a value for money product, another stand out feature for me is Corning Gorilla glass 3 which means a screen guard is not required for the screen however some may disagree.
Pro & Cons have been discussed in many other reviews so i thought i would state a few battery saving tips.
1) Screen brightness set manually as per requirement & not on auto.
2) Turn Off Google Now if not required.
3) Uncheck Wi-fi scanning even when wi-fi is switched off.
4) Bluetooth,GPS, Wi-fi,NFC & other wireless features switched off when not required.
5)Vibrate on keypress also switched off.
6)Refrain from using Live wallpapers.
7) Keep Widget usage to a minimum & keep as few home screens as possible.
8) Manually update apps switch off auto-updates as constant search for updates online does drain battery.
9) Toggle between 2G/3G as per requirement, especially considering 3G reception is still not great in india.
10) Kill all apps that you dont want running in the background.