Microsoft Windows 10 Technical Preview Gets 1 Million Registrations

Share on Facebook Tweet Snapchat Share Reddit Comment
Microsoft Windows 10 Technical Preview Gets 1 Million Registrations

Two weeks after unveiling its Windows 10 operating system and releasing the Technical Preview to the world, Microsoft on Monday announced that it has hit 1 million registrations for the Windows Insider Program over the weekend.

Redmond-based tech giant's Joe Belfiore further stated that "Over 200,000 pieces of user-initiated feedback have been submitted to us via the Windows Feedback app from Windows Insiders like you [registrants]."

Breaking down the statistics further, Belfiore on the company blog post mentioned that 36 percent of the Windows 10 Technical Preview users installed the OS on virtual machines, while the remaining 64 percent installed it on actual PCs. This further indicates that most of the feedbacks were based on 'medium-term' use and not just 'few minutes of experimentation'.

Talking about developers, Belfiore stated that 68 percent of the Windows 10 Technical Preview users launched more than 7 apps per day, while 25 percent launched more than 26 apps per day, and 5 percent of the devices launched 68 apps per day.

The blog post further encouraged Windows 10 Technical Preview registrants and non-registrants to send their feedbacks to "further impact product decisions". Check out our detailed guide on how to download and install Windows 10 Technical Preview.

The new software represents an attempt to step back from the radical redesign that alienated many PC users when Windows 8 was introduced two years ago. But it's not a complete retreat from Microsoft's goal of bridging the gap between PCs and mobile devices: It still has touch-screen functions and strives to create a familiar experience for Windows users who switch between desktop computers, tablets and smartphones.

Written with agency inputs.


For the latest tech news and reviews, follow Gadgets 360 on Twitter, Facebook, and Google News. For the latest videos on gadgets and tech, subscribe to our YouTube channel.

Huawei Honor 6 Extreme Edition With 2GHz Octa-Core Kirin 928 SoC Launched
1,00,000 Redmi 1S Smartphones Go Out of Stock in 4.2 Seconds: Xiaomi

Related Stories




© Copyright Red Pixels Ventures Limited 2020. All rights reserved.
Listen to the latest songs, only on