Apple has unveiled a new version of its iMac desktop computer that's one-fifth the thickness of the old model around the edges.
At 5 millimeters around the edges, the new iMac is thinner than most stand-alone computer monitors. It bulges in the back, however. Apple marketing chief Phil Schiller did not say how much.
The new model achieves its severe thinness in part by eliminating the optical disc drive. Apple has been leaving those drives out of its most recent laptop models as well.
An iMac model with a 21.5-inch screen will start shipping November for Rs. 85,900 and up. A 27-inch version will start at Rs. 122,900.
Apple also unveiled the iPad mini
and a 13-inch Macbook Pro With Retina Display
Apple special event in picsTechnical Specifications
(Base model, Rs. 85,900)
- 21.5-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit display with IPS technology; 1920-by-1080 resolution
- 2.7GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.2GHz) with 6MB L3 cache
- 8GB (two 4GB) of 1600MHz DDR3 memory
- 1TB (5400-rpm) hard drive
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M graphics processor with 512MB of GDDR5 memory
- FaceTime HD camera
- Stereo speakers
- Dual microphones
- Headphone port
- SDXC card slot
- Four USB 3 ports
- Two Thunderbolt ports
- Mini DisplayPort output with support for DVI, VGA, and dual-link DVI (adapters sold separately)
- 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45 connector)
- Apple Wireless Keyboard/ Magic Mouse
- 802.11n Wi-Fi wireless networking
- Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
- OS X Mountain Lion
- Height: 17.7 inches (45.0 cm)
- Width: 20.8 inches (52.8 cm)
- Stand depth: 6.9 inches (17.5 cm)
- Weight: 12.5 pounds (5.68 kg)
With inputs from AP
For the latest tech news and reviews, follow Gadgets 360 on Twitter, Facebook, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.