Apple has launched a revamped line of its miniature desktop computer Mac mini at an event in San Jose, California. The new Mac mini models come with different storage and processor configurations.
The refreshed Mac mini line will feature dual or quad-intel Core i5 or i7 Ivy Bridge processors with Intel HD Graphics 4000 as well as configure-to-order storage options of upto 16GB RAM.
Apart from this, there's a Mountain Lion server edition which includes a pair of 1TB hard drives. The high-end models are configurable with Apple's latest Fusion Drive technology that combines 1TB hard drive with 128GB of flash storage.
Pricing remains the same as the previous models and starts at Rs. 39,900 for a 2.5 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5, 4GB RAM and 500GB HD. The 2.3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 with 4GB RAM and 1TB HD will set you back Rs. 52,900 while the Mountain Lion Server edition with 2.3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 with 4GB RAM and 2TB HD would cost Rs. 65,900. The models begin shipping today.
Available ports on the new Mac mini models include Gigabit Ethernet, FireWire 800, HDMI port, Thunderbolt port (as before), four USB 3.0 ports, an SDXC card slot, audio in, and audio out.
The previous Mac mini update in July last year brought along updates to the 2nd generation Intel Core i5 and Core i7 processors and the inclusion of a Thunderbolt port. The HDMI port was retained, but the but did retain the HDMI port.
At the event, the Cupertino-based company also unveiled the 7.9-inch iPad mini
while updating the full sized one, a new iMac measuring just 5mm thickness
and a 13-inch Mac Book Pro with Retina Display
starting Rs. 114,900.
An iMac model with a 21.5-inch screen will start shipping November starting Rs. 85,900 while a 27-inch version will start at Rs. 122,900. The 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display is available today through Apple Authorised Resellers.
Apple special event in picsTechnical specifications
- 2.5GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 (Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz) with 3MB L3 cache
- 500GB (5400-rpm) hard drive (2.5GHz)
- 2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 (Turbo Boost up to 3.3GHz) with 6MB L3 cache (Configurable to 2.6GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 (Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz)
- 1TB (5400-rpm) hard drive2 (2.3GHz - Configurable to a 256GB solid-state drive or 1TB Fusion Drive)
- 4GB (two 2GB) of 1600MHz DDR3 memory (Configurable to 8GB or 16GB)
- Intel HD Graphics 4000
- Thunderbolt port (up to 10 Gbps)
- FireWire 800 port (up to 800 Mbps)
- Four USB 3 ports (up to 5 Gbps)
- HDMI port
- SDXC card slot
- Gigabit Ethernet port
- Audio in/out
- IR receiver
- Mini DisplayPort output with support for DVI, VGA, and dual-link DVI (adapters sold separately)
- Audio line in/out (headphone) minijack (digital/analog)
- HDMI port supports multichannel audio output
- Support for Apple iPhone headset with microphone
- Built-in speaker
- 802.11n Wi-Fi wireless networking;3 IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible
- Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
- 10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet (RJ-45 connector)
- OS X Mountain Lion
- Height: 1.4 inches (3.6 cm)
- Width: 7.7 inches (19.7 cm)
- Depth: 7.7 inches (19.7 cm)
- Weight: 2.7 pounds (1.22 kg)
For the latest tech news and reviews, follow Gadgets 360 on Twitter, Facebook, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.