Curious about Netflix and wondering what's in it for you? If you want to know what Netflix is offering and how to watch, here's what you need to know:
- Netflix launched its services in India and 129 other countries on Wednesday. With the launch, the popular TV and movie streaming service now covers most of the world except for China.
- You can signup for Netflix via its website or the Netflix apps on Android, iOS, Windows, and other platforms. You need to give your card details, but the first month is free to try, so no charge is made right away. Plans start at Rs. 500 per month, but you will need to pay Rs. 650 per month if you want to enjoy HD content.
- Most of Netflix's original content is coming, but some shows like House of Cards are missing - possibly because of licensing agreements with Indian channels. Netflix of course has most of the popular TV shows and movies in its catalog as well, and unofficial sources say there are around 550 movies and 200 TV series on Netflix in India, much less than the US catalog of over 4,000 titles.
- Netflix has said that it is not censoring any videos in India as of now. The company also told Gadgets 360 that it may reduce pricing in the future.
- If you're on a truly unlimited broadband plan with no fair usage policy, streaming is no problem, but if you have data limits on broadband or are using Netflix on your phone, then the video streaming can end up costing you a lot - watching an hour of Netflix in HD may use up nearly 3GB from your plan. (Read more details on data usage)
For the latest tech news and reviews, follow Gadgets 360 on Twitter, Facebook, and Google News. For the latest videos on gadgets and tech, subscribe to our YouTube channel.