A security breach has put 3.2 million debit cards in India at risk, with major banks like State Bank of India (SBI), HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, Axis Bank, and Yes Bank being the worst hit.
Considering the scale of this new breach, it is advisable to change your debit card PIN at the earliest, and you don’t even have to go to the ATM or the bank branch to change it. All the abovementioned banks, except SBI, allow netbanking users to change their debit card PIN online. Therefore, scroll down to find out how to change to change your HDFC, ICICI, Yes Bank, and Axis Bank debit card PIN online.
How to change SBI debit card PIN online
Despite our best efforts, we haven't been able to find a way of changing the PIN for a State Bank of India debit card online. If you know a method, please let us know via the comments so we can update with post.
(Also see: SBI Blocks 600,000 Debit Cards After Security Breach)
How to change ICICI Bank debit card PIN online
- Log into your ICICI Bank netbanking account
- Select the My Card Pin option that is located on the left.
- Here, you will have the option to change the debit card PIN
- Do that by selecting the active debit card and providing the CVV number.
- You will have to verify the OTP you received, and submit the corresponding letters on the back of your debit card.
- On the next page, just choose the new PIN code for your ICICI debit card and hit submit.
How to change HDFC Bank debit card PIN online
- Open your netbanking account and click on the Cards tab.
- On the left side, in Debit Cards, scroll down and click the ‘Request’ button.
- Of the new options listed under Request select Instant PIN Generation.
- To change your HDFC Bank debit card PIN, simply provide the requisite details on this page, i.e. the new PIN number and the OTP you received on the phone.
How to change Axis Bank debit card PIN online
- Log into your Axis Bank netbanking account
- Scroll the mouse over hamburger button on the top left (the button with the three horizontal bars).
- Upon scrolling the cursor over the hamburger button, you will see the option My Debit Cards
- Click that option and select your active debit card.
- In the bar below marked More Services, select the Set Debit Card Pin option and press Go.
- Here, you will be able to change the PIN by entering the new PIN code, expiry date of the card, and submitting the NETSecure code that you received on the phone.
(Also see: No Loss to Customers From Debit Card Security Breach, Says Axis Bank)
How to change Yes Bank debit card PIN
- When you enter your Yes Bank account, browse to the mySPACE tab on the top.
- Click on the fourth tab on the top right of the mySPACE widget screen.
- Under this, choose the third option i.e. Debit Card PIN Re-generation/ Change.
- After clicking it, you will be prompted to choose your preferred debit card from the drop-down menu.
- Enter you card's validity, followed by the new PIN.
- You'll need to re-enter the new PIN and proceed further.
- A confirmation screen will appear; clicking Confirm on it will take you to the OTP page.
- Input the code that you received in the OTP on your phone.
For the latest tech news and reviews, follow Gadgets 360 on Twitter, Facebook, and Google News. For the latest videos on gadgets and tech, subscribe to our YouTube channel.