Jayant Sharma (May 3, 2014)
on Gadgets 360
Elife e5 has best design that i ever seened with only 6.8 mm thick and matte finesh at back.
4.80-inch - super amoled
corning gorrila glass
1.5GHz quad core from mediatek
5-megapixel fixed focus
720x1280 pixels - 306 ppi
16GB - non expandable
8-megapixel - auto focus
2000 mah battery
best in performance
best in its prize range
Above average camera
Upto 18 hours battery life at moderate use.....
Ayush C on Flipkart
It is sturdy, performance is the best among phones below 20k, screen is magnificent with really deep blacks and the copy speed of the onboard 16GB storgae space is great. The only thing is that being this thin it is a bit hard to use it in the beginning. I was really nervous as I was scared I would drop it for first few hours of using. Every game I have thrown at it works well (Asphalt 8, Real Boxing, MC4, NFS:MW )
The headphones are kind of a let down though compared to my Sennheiser MX 170.
Paramjeet Singh (Jan 5, 2019)
i don't have much time to write as i am in middle of some important work. today i got this device. flipkart's order management is really great. very easy to track your order. got before the time the mentioned.
now about the E5 i want to say it is one of the best fone in the market. awesumm look, build quality. after getting this fone u will realize how the other established brands are looting the people with the high prices for their low quality devices....
if u want to look at the performance, try with google map. the moment u open the maps app, the next moment it will be loaded. the battery is the best thing about Gionee. previously i was using samsung galaxy. it was headache to maintain battery. u sleep in the night with 100% battery, n wakeup in the morning... u will see the phone is dead....talking about display quality,,,, its awesum... cristal clear display give u a heart touching experience...most of the internet applications work exteremely well....
now talk about look.... i will give 5 out of 5 for its sleek look... one of the best designed fone in the market right now....
If Gionee make some extra effort to improve the service in india then it can be one of the leading mobile company.
if you are going to buy a smart fone in the range of 15000-20000, then this is the excellent pick.
keep it up Gionee.....
Anurag Limaye on Flipkart
Hi. Got the E5 yellow one n I am amazed by its screen resolution, fonts, picture and overall performance. The rich yellow colour indeed gives a feeling of Lumia but this one is much better than Lumia. At 6.85 its super thin and fun to hold and operate.
awesome , cool , love at sight ...
pradeep (Feb 5, 2019)
Bought this fone from another site but still wanna post it here cause it was a awesome buy after big confusions . i find everything more than ok ... probably good .... great at this price segment too ... im totally speechless cause i didt find any negatives .. lovin it ...
After 1 month of use..... Awesome!!!!
Naser Ali (Jan 5, 2019)
I bought this phone in another website on Dec 24 2014. I am really impressed by this phone. Now its one month since i bought it. The phone has never lagged or slowed down. I have installed numerous apps and games. This phone seems to handle any game you throw at it. My list of pros and cons:
1. Great build quality compared to Micromax, Karbon and Xolo
2. Super slim design. Very slim and easy to hold
3. Very light in weight. Just 120 grams.
4. Very very thin bezels around the phone. In micromax, Karbon, Xolo and even in Samsun, you have thick bezels. I personally like thin bezels.
4. Awesome and insane battery life. I am a medium user and I get around 2 days of battery after full charge. The most amazing thing is this phone really sleeps unlike other phones which suck battery even they are idle. This phone uses around 0.5% of battery per hour when it is kept idle.
5. Display is really nice and crisp with AMOLED.
1. Vibration of the phone is weak.
2. Camera is decent. Dont expect Sony's 13MP performance in this. But still, this camera is better than Karbon, Micromax and Xolo.
3. No 3rd party ROMs available for this phone.
4. No expandable memory card.
I strongly recommend this phone to anyone who have their budget as 14.5K.
This phone seems to come with the right mix and combination.
Right processor (Turbo 1.5GHz) with right megapixel (8 MP) and with right resolution (1280 x 720) with right size (4.8" screen)
- Full HD (1920 x 1280) phones are just waste which suck lot of battery.
- Also Full HD phones take lot of processing power.
- 13 MP camera requires Qualcom processor.
Finally, to summarise, this phone is the rightly balanced phone for an average to high android user.
Santu on Flipkart
No Doubt its a very good product. Its been priced very high by flipkart...Seems to be good phone if priced around 17k..You can get in three colors white,yellow,black.But flipkart shows only yellow.
Awesome Build Quality
Battery life is good(can stay for a day)
Processor performance is too good..No lags noticed.
Display is awesome..
*No expandable memory(only 16gb,quite ok)
*Single Sim slot
*Camera not so sharp with moving object.
*Flip cover doesn't suit the mobile.
Overall its a good buy with the price around 17k..Go ahead and purchase it..
Girish s.k (Jan 5, 2019)
After 3 months of confused searching ends with Gionee E5....
Using the mobile from past 1 month and result is very much positive, 1st thing no hanging problem,perform multiple application at time...Sound quality in headphone is ultimate full DTS and in speaker also.And camera quality is good...Slimmmm cell...
If the range is about 18000 means you can go for it...
Krishna Chaitanya on Flipkart
After much thought between Lumia 720 and Gionee Elife E5 , I decided to purchase E5. It has been one month since I bought this phone. I was using lumia 510 ( windows 7.8 ) before. So initially I thought to buy a windows 8 phone. But the problem with windows 8 too is the uneasy navigation to reach the settings or updating the address book etc and also a stupid music player where you cant add songs to a playlist. But ofcourse there are some good things like windows 8. Anyway I thought not to buy windows till there is windows phone 8.1 released. So I came back to android after 2 years. I did the right thing in purchasing this phone. It is really good phone for the budget.
1. Display is awesome
2. Performance is really good.
3. Very sleek and stylish.
4. Android 4.2
5.Can run almost any game easily. I was stunned to see it playing Fifa 14 very easily.
6. Camera is very good.
7. Inbox accessories like flip cover and screen guard ( 2 in no.s ) are pretty useful.
1. Heats up only during games being played for few hours like 2-3 hours.. but the heat is negligible too. So not much of a con.
2. Pathetic headphones. Although they look good but it was quite uneasy in my ear. Keeps coming off all the time. I moved back to my sennheiser headphones.
3. OK battery life. Need to charge almost once in a day with 3G on.
4. Camera is little sluggish when you move the phone. But it will take good picture in the end :)
If your budget is for a midrange phone , I would suggest go for this one than the sony xperia SP which also comes in the same budget. Dont like samsung's budget phones.
nice phone with good display
Murali (Jan 5, 2019)
excellent phone with good display . i tried playing high speed games and there are no issues as such and only one issue is when I tried playing with high speed games at 1.5 Ghz, it is slightly warm at the backside. I didnt observe this when phone is put under power saving mode running at 1.2 Ghzz