The PUBG Mobile 0.10.0 update for Android and iOS is out now adding support for the Vikendi snow map. Although PUBG Mobile finally gets the Vikendi snow map, it isn't playable right now. Tencent has claimed it will be making it available soon enough. The biggest highlight of this addition is of course the new Snow weather. Other additions with the PUBG Mobile 0.10.0 update include a reporting system allowing players to report suspicious behaviour while spectating a match on death. Cross-server matchmaking has been added too. When enabled players have a chance to be matched with those of the same tier on other servers. Also new in the PUBG Mobile 0.10. update is the Firearms Finish Upgrade System. This lets players upgrade weapon finishes to get new kill effects, broadcasts, and death crate appearances. The PUBG Mobile 0.10.0 update download size is 2.1GB on iOS and 1.6GB on Android. You can check out the full changelog of the PUBG Mobile 0.10.0 update below.
PUBG Mobile 0.10.0 Vikendi snow map update patch notes
- Vikendi: a 6km x 6km snow map
- New weather added: Snow
- Vikendi-exclusive vehicle: Snowmobile
- Snowball Fight added to Vikendi's Spawn Island.
- Added a Snow theme to the main menu. Collect bells from all Classic mode matches and exchange them for rewards at the event centre.
- Added Arabic language support.
- Added cross-server matchmaking. After enabling, players have a chance to be matched with players of the same tier on other servers.
- Players that repeatedly exit matches right after starting will now be banned from finding matches for a certain period of time.
- Players may now report suspicious behaviour while spectating after dying.
- Added a display for Crew Challenge winners on Erangel's Spawn Island.
- Players now can collect all daily mission awards at once.
- New commands added to Quick Chat.
- Added Firearms Finish Upgrade System, where players can use materials at the Lab to upgrade certain weapon finishes, in order to get additional kill effects, unique kill broadcasts, and death crate appearances.
- Added Lucky Treasure, a feature that gives players a chance to get the upgradable weapon finish Glacier - M416 when they finish daily missions.
- Added Season spending rewards. Spend different amounts to get excellent rewards and large discounts on firearm finishes.
- Added a feature in the backpack to show sources of unobtained items when tapped.
- Other Improvements: Players now do not need to select a second language for matchmaking and chat. Chat system now takes up less memory and stores more messages. Shop's front page has been optimized to emphasise themes of each major update.
PUBG Mobile Vikendi snow map release date
As per a tweet from the official PUBG Mobile account, the PUBG Mobile Vikendi Snow Map release date is December 20 and the start time and date is 5:30am IST on December 21 when it would be available for matchmaking. This is inline with patch notes obtained by XDA, the PUBG Mobile Vikendi snow map release date is December 20 at 5:30am IST. Prior to the official announcement from Tencent, official PUBG Mobile Discord administrators claimed otherwise, issuing the following statement:
"As mentioned earlier, even after you have updated the game to 0.10.0, Vikendi will not be directly playable in the game, for now," a post from the PUBG Mobile Discord reads. "Availability of the map will be announced at a later time/date. We do not have a timeframe to provide you, unfortunately. Hence, we hope you understand that and that you do not spam the channels by asking about it. Also, the update will be out for all of you, with time. The time of arrival varies on a lot of factors. You might get it later than people in your region and that's completely normal."
If you're a fan of video games, check out Transition, Gadgets 360's gaming podcast. You can listen to it via Apple Podcasts or RSS, or just listen to this week's episode by hitting the play button below.