Nokia has released its HERE Maps app for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Last week, Nokia had unveiled its next generation mapping and location-based services platform
called HERE. At the time of the launch, Nokia had said it will release a HERE Maps app for iOS devices next week, and with this launch Nokia has lived up to its promise.
The app features Maps for around 200 countries, including navigation and traffic data in many countries (including India).
We've had a quick look around the app and it features an extensive database of locations and points of interests, as well as traffic information for Delhi and other major cities. The navigation feature seems to work well as well.
If you've been missing Google Maps app on your iOS 6 device, we strongly recommend getting this app.
Here are the full release notes of the app.HERE Maps
- Map views - Pick the map you need from map view, live traffic view, public transport line view or satellite view
- Save map areas & wander without data coverage
- In selected countries, access community maps created and updated by users
- Maps, search and place coverage for nearly 200 countries
- Search with history and suggestions
- Share places with just a tap, including the location and how to get there, over SMS, email, or social networks
- Organize places you love into Collections
- Sign in to HERE Maps with your Nokia Account or Facebook login
- Sync with Here.net - Access your Collections anywhere
- Step-by-Step voice-guided walk navigation
- Walk navigation through pedestrian routes, parks, alleyways, and more
- Public transportation and driving directions
For the latest tech news and reviews, follow Gadgets 360 on Twitter, Facebook, and Google News. For the latest videos on gadgets and tech, subscribe to our YouTube channel.