The company revealed that it will preview the new upgrades for Creative Cloud professional video products and Adobe Anywhere for video at the International Broadcasting Convention (IBC) in Amsterdam, while the updates can be expected to ship in the coming weeks.
Some of the updates include new media and project management tools in Adobe Premiere Pro CC, which brings new user-interface across all Adobe video desktop apps. The company stresses that the updates bring more streamlined production workflows for video professionals.
The company has listed some of the key updates.
- Support for cutting-edge hardware and standards is accelerated via Adobe Creative Cloud, enabling the company to respond quickly to new hardware and software standards.
- Key updates extend native file support, with the addition of AJA RAW.
- Performance enhancements include accelerated Masking & Tracking; and new GPU-optimized playback that delivers better performance when viewing extremely high resolution 4K and UltraHD footage from Phantom Cine, Canon RAW and RED R3D files.
- A refreshed user-interface across all the video applications supports HiDPI displays for both Mac Retina Displays and Windows 8.1, providing a cleaner appearance enabling video professionals to stay focused on their projects.
- Powerful new media and project management features, including Consolidate & Transcode; Search Bins; and Multi project workflows offer more ease and flexibility, at the project level, so Adobe Premiere Pro CC users can complete tasks more efficiently.
- Adobe Media Encoder now includes Destination publishing with preset options so users can render, deliver and share projects to multiple locations such as FTP sites and their Creative Cloud folder, automating the delivery process. Additionally, Extended Match Source support now includes added support for the QuickTime and DNxHD formats, simplifying the workflow for users who are transcoding or rendering content.
- Streamlined workflows and ongoing refinements make everyday tasks easier and faster inside Adobe CC video apps, including Timeline Views in Adobe Premiere Pro CC; Curve adjustments and Look Hover previews in Adobe SpeedGrade CC; and Rough Cut Dissolves and keyboard shortcuts for tagging in Adobe Prelude CC.
- Expanding Editing Solutions for Broadcasters with Adobe Anywhere for Video.
In addition to updates for Creative Cloud video desktop apps, the company also revealed updates for Adobe Anywhere, which is a collaborative workflow platform for users of Adobe professional video solutions like Adobe Premiere Pro CC and Adobe After Effects CC.
The update also adds support for Adobe After Effects CC and new options in the Adobe Anywhere app for iPad.
Commenting on the launch, Bill Roberts, senior director of professional video product management, Adobe said, "As the video and broadcast industries continue to rapidly evolve, so too does Adobe's video technology. With Creative Cloud, we have accelerated the rate at which we deliver the features our customers need to create compelling new experiences and transform the video industry with high-quality productions."
In July, Adobe announced Creative Cloud Market for users of its Creative Cloud services. Subscribers to Adobe's Creative Cloud could use the desktop app to access a remarkable selection of vector graphics, icons, patterns, UI Kits, for-placement images, and more.