Don't want to open apps to check minor things like the weather forecast or cricket scores? Widgets are just what you need. With widgets you can get bite sized information from your apps without having to launch an app. In iOS 8, Apple lets you add widgets to the Notification Centre. This keeps your home screen free of clutter and keeps nuggets of information just a swipe away.
We've written about the notification centre widgets that we like and you should read that article if you want to know which widgets to get started with. If you've updated to iOS 8 and want to know how to enable widgets, read on.
1. Install apps that support Notification Centre widgets. The NDTV app does, apart from several others such as Yahoo News Digest, Dropbox, Sky Guide, etc.
2. Now on your iOS device's home screen, swipe down from the top to pull down the Notification Centre.
3. Tap the Today button near the top of the screen.
4. You'll see your day's notification. Tap the Edit button at the bottom of the page.
5. Now you'll see a list of installed apps that support widgets. Tap the green '+' button next to each widget to show it in the notification centre.
6. If you want to remove any widget from the Notification Centre, tap the red '-' button next to the widget.
7. You can also rearrange these widgets. Simply tap and hold the three horizontal lines on the right side of any widget and drag it up or down to the position you desire.
8. When you're done tweaking, tap Done at the top right.
That's it. Now widgets will appear in the Today view in the Notification Centre. Which are your favourite widgets? Let us know via the comments. For more tutorials, visit our How to section.