Awseome BIGGGGGG Phone, with high picture/voice clarity at Awesome price
By Venkatesan G V | 7 Oct 2016
Got it two days back from Snapdeal under the Deepavali offer. Belying all my expectations, based on various reviews, the Mi Max was awesome. I was already using Yu Yureka Plus. I didn't feel much difference in the size because of bezel of Yu. Even Yu, I was using only with 2 hands. It has premium looks with Gold Metal finish and premium features with Finger Print sensor, etc., I am totally impressed.
Awesome 6.44" full HD Display
Finger Print Sensor which is a breeze to use though took some time to set up.
After update with MiUi8, there was no WiFi set up or connectivity. 4G connectivity on Airtel 4G was swift and smooth.
2.5D Glass (more or less the same 3D Glass found in Galaxy Edge, though not with functional edges), added to the beauty and premium looks.
No unwanted bloatware.
The option to have Clone Social Media apps is awesome (You can have two differnt Whatsapp/Facebook accounts with dual apps in the same phone).
IR Blaster with Mi Remote app for almost all the gadgets, like TV, Set Top Box, AC, Fan, Camera, etc. is unbelievable. Now, I can operate both my Set Top Box and Samsung TV with my Mi Max, like a breeze. NO need for separate remote controllers.
Huge battery of 4850 mAH.
Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 support (though the supplied charger is not a quick charger, we can buy one separately around 1-1.5 k)
3GB RAM, 32 GB ROM and support for up to 128 GB SD Card would make the inbuilt storage to a Whopping 160 GB which is better than most Laptops/Netbooks.
No lag whatsoever.
In-built hiding/unhiding options.
Hundreds of Mi themes
MyJio 4G offer available for purchase from Snapdeal was added bonus.
Android Marshmallow 6.0 with option to uninstall apps directly from the desktop
Direct Feed Back option through App is a good move to know the pulse of the user.
Now, for the Cons:
1. The screen is buttery smooth, so it is very difficult to press and hold the app icons inside the desktop or from screen to screen
2. Though App drawer option is there, the direct uninstallation option is a bit troublesome. Normally, we would like to remove the app from desktop though don't want to uninstall it.
3. While the phone has a quick charge option, Mi should have provided Quick Charger even as an option.
4. Sound through speakers is Ok standard only, sometimes very feeble. Audio quality through headphones also lack detail or sharpness
5. Mi has not given Headphones in the box. So, we have to buy them separately.
6. Rear camera though boasts of 16 MP capacity, it lacks details in long shots and even macro shots. In fact, my Yu though with 13 MP rear camera was far, far better.
7. The option to shrink the screen for single handed operation is not easy to start. Still I am not able to start using it. Let me see when or whether I succeed.
Overall, I can say its a VFM product and full paisa vasool. I am a happy buyer with a BIG smile.