Sony India Thursday unveiled the next generation hybrid ultrabook VAIO
Duo 11. The device will be available in stores by the end of December
for Rs. 89,990. Sony had globally showcased VAIO Duo 11 in August 2012.
Sony VAIO Duo 11 comes with what Sony terms as
the 'Surf Slider' design, which helps the device to switch smoothly
between Tablet and PC modes. It comes with 11.6-inch (29.4cm) screen
with a resolution of 1920x1080. VAIO Duo 11 features a backlit keyboard,
is 17.85 mm thin and weighs 1.3 kilograms.
The device is
powered by 3rd generation Intel Core i5-3317U 1.7GHz processor and runs
on Windows 8. Other features include 4GB DDR3 SDRAM and 128GB flash
drive. VAIO Duo 11 comes with built-in 4,960mAh cell battery that lasts
for about 4.5 hours. The company is also offering an option of a
sheet-type battery, which extends battery life to about 9 hours but will
cost extra. As of now Sony has not zeroed in on the India price for
this sheet-type battery.
There is a 2-megapixel front and
rear camera on board. For connectivity Sony VAIO Duo 11 comes with
Bluetooth, USB 3.0, HDMI, Ethernet and VGA ports, as well as USB Sleep
Charge that lets you charge USB devices like mobiles or music players on
the go, even when the PC is off, .
To sweeten the deal,
Sony is offering Digital noise cancelling headphones along with Sony
VAIO Duo 11. Other optional accessories with this device include a
screen protection cover and carrying case.
the launch, Shoji Ohama, Product Manager VAIO, Sony India says, "Sony is
known to come out with elegant, sleek and portable products and Sony
VAIO Duo 11 to follows the same philosophy." He further adds, "Android
tablets are about ease of use and not about productivity while Windows
is for both productivity and fast results".
The company shared that they currently have no plans to come out with a similar product running on Windows RT.
VAIO Duo 11 specifications
- Intel Core i5-3517U,
- Windows 8
- 4GB DDR3L 1600MHz SDRAM
- 128GB SSD
- 29.4cm (11.6") OptiContrast™ Panel;
- Full HD (1920x1080) with wide (16:9) aspect ratio; capacitive touchscreen
- Intel® HD Graphics 4000
- WLAN 802.11a/b/g/n; Bluetooth® Ver. 4.0 + HS; Ethernet (1000BASE-T/100BASE-TX/10BASE-T x 1); USB 3.0 (x1), USB 3.0 with USB charge (x1); VGA out; HDMI out; Memory Stick Duo / SD memory card combined slot; stereo speakers with xLOUD™ ; Full HD Web Cameras (x2, front and rear facing) powered by 'Exmor for PC' (2.07 megapixels); Sensors (NFC, GPS, Accelerometer, Gyro, Digital Compass); Windows button; rotation lock button; digitizer stylus; optional extended battery pack
- Approx. 320 mm x 17.85 mm x 199 mm
- Approx. 1.3kg (with standard supplied battery)