Acer has launched a 16GB version of its Iconia B1-A71. The 8GB version
of the tablet was showcased at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2013.
Iconia B1-A71 comes with 7-inch WSVGA (1,024 x 600) capacitive display.
It is powered by a 1.2GHz dual-core Mediatek processor (MTK 8317T)
along with 512MB of RAM. It features a microSD card to expand the
available storage by another 32GB. Connectivity options include Wi-Fi
802.11 b/g/n, GPS, Bluetooth 4.0 and Micro-USB. There is a 0.3-megapixel
front camera to engage in live chats with your friends and family. The
tablet runs on Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean).
As per the company, the
Acer Iconia B1-A71 is targeted at young or new users or families looking
for an additional tablet for their children and is also ideal for busy
individuals seeking a convenient mobile companion.
The 16GB version of Acer Iconia B1-A71 is available in Europe, Middle East and Africa and is available for 139 Euros.
is noteworthy, that the 8GB version of this tablet was launched in
in January and carries a retail tag of Rs. 7,999. So far there is
no word on when the 16GB version will ship to India and what will be the
price for the same. However, we are expecting this version of the
tablet to be available in India in the coming few weeks.
(Also read: Acer Iconia B1-A71 review)
MWC 2013 in pictures
Acer Iconia B1-A71 key specifications
- 7-inch diagonal WSVGA capacitive multitouch screen with 1024x600 resolution display
- Mediatek dual-core 1.2GHz processor (MTK 8317T)
- 512MB DDR3 memory
- 8GB of internal storage with microSD expansion slot with up to 32GB support
- Wireless connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth wireless technology 4.0
- Micro-USB (charging and PC connect) with USB 2.0
- 3.5mm headset/headphone/microphone jack
- Internal speaker
- Front-facing 0.3-megapixel webcam
- Rechargeable 2,710 mAh battery
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system
- Dimensions: 197.4 mm x 128.5 mm x 11.3 mm
- Weight: 320 g