Mega is not worth - Don't waste your money - At the price level you get better phones
Praful Yadav |
19 May 2014
Since this phone's specification is similar to Grand, I am comparing here both Grand and Mega so that people can understand that it is not worth buying this phone.
1. The Mega's screen size is bigger and it is good for browsing and viewing pictures / videos. This resulted in jumbo size phone and it is very difficult to carry or use the phone while talking. Yes.. Big size screen is good, but for that over sized phone is not good. People may reject the phone just for this reason itself - Over sized.
2. The OS version in Grand is 4.1 and Mega is 4.2. The Grand is also soon expecting OS upgrade 4.2. So there won't be any difference in this.
3. The processor in Mega is just 0.2 GHz more than grand and the effect is not something great or you can't feel / realise it. If it would have been 1.6 GHz, it would have made difference.
4. RAM is more in Mega. Mega's RAM is 1.5 GB and Grand has 1 GB. This is the only main advantae in mega.
5. Display is same in both phones... TFT. But in Mega, it is slightly higher than Grand... qHD... BUT NOT EVEN HD. NOW ALL OTHER BRANDS ARE OFFERING HD OR LED DISPLAY AT THIS PRICE BAND. Do you want to spend more money for normal display. So you pay little less and go for phone with similar normal display or pay more (at the same price of Mega or little more) and go for HD / LED display. But don't waste more money again on normal display like qHD as there is no big difference between the display of Grand and Mega. So do you want to spend a premium amount on this phone and get a peanut - TFT display.
6. Pixel density is almost same in both phones. Nowadays all other brands are offering higher pixel density for bigger display and also at this price. Check the website for better brands at this price range, you will understand that they provide very high pixel density.
7. Grand comes with flip cover which costs about 1500, and drive space, etc. But Mega doesn't come with flip cover for which you need to invest (if you want it) another 1500 more. MANY PEOPLE DON'T SEE THIS AND THE COST ASSOCIATED WITH THIS.
8. If you compare the costs of both phones, FIRST YOU NEED TO ADD THE FLIP COVER COST OF Rs. 1500 TO MEGA'S PRICE (24000+1500) and then compare the costs. Many people miss this.
9. Grand is available for around 18500-18900 in all retail stores. But Mega costs 24000 without flip cover, with flip cover more than 25500.
10. Camera is same in both.
11. Battery of Mega is more powerful than Grand. Yes.. obviously it should be. Because the screen is big. Since the screen size is very big, the consumption will also be more. Also keep in mind that the more powerful your battery is, the more time it will take to charge fully.
So most of the specifications of Mega and Grand are same except some minor differences said above and they are not making difference in major way.
DON'T GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<