1. J.K. Rowling has just announced Pottermore, an interactive social website revolving around the Harry Potter universe
2. J.K. Rowling will share secret information about the Potter series once the site goes live.
3. The site will be officially open to the public in October but one million users will be granted access to the beta version of the site to help put finishing touches to it pre-launch
4. From today, June 23, fans can submit their email addresses to the site. Registration will open on July 31, Harry's birthday.
5. The website will be free to use for all.
6. For the first time ever, people will be able to download the e-book of the entire Harry Potter saga via Pottermore.
7. In the new website, the storyline will be brought to life with sumptuous newly-commissioned illustrations and interactive ‘Moments' through which you can navigate, starting with the first book, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's (Sorcerer's) Stone.
8. On the site, Rowling has brought to life the Sorting Hat and Ollivanders experiences from her books. Revealed - the questions asked by the Sorting Hat which places newcomers into their Hogwarts houses according to their characteristics.
9. The Wand Chooser finds the right wand for each user from over 33,000 possible combinations, much like Mr Ollivander does for Harry and his friends in the first book.
10. On entering the site, users will choose a magic username and begin their experience of the Harry Potter universe.