1. 2012 has seen an action-packed year for the smartphone category. Here's our pick of top 10 smartphones.
2. Nokia PureView 808 has a 41-megapixel camera. Nokia PureView 808 sports a 4-inch AMOLED display and is powered by 1.3 GHz single-core ARM11 processor, with 512MB RAM and 16GB internal storage.
3. Lava XOLO 900 is the first smartphone that launched with the Intel's Atom processor. It sports a 4.03-inch screen with 1024x600p resolution and has an 8-megapixel rear camera, which comes with burst mode capable of shooting 10 images in a second.
4. Samsung Galaxy S III runs on Android 4.0.4 with Samsung's Touchwiz Nature UX on top. Galaxy S III has an 8MP rear camera with LED flash and 1.9MP front camera. The smartphone sports a huge 4.8-inch Super AMOLED display with 1280x720p resolution. The display is covered by Gorilla Glass II.
5. Sony Xperia tipo is the first sub-Rs.10,000 smartphone by Sony. Powered by Android 4.0 and single-core 800MHz processor, this phone is a good value buy.
6. The iPhone 5 has a 4-inch screen and comes with a new Lightning connector. The iPhone 5 has a battery backup of eight hours of talk time and eight hours of Web browsing.
7. Samsung's Galaxy Note was a surprise hit of 2011. Samsung Galaxy Note II is taking the legacy forward. It comes with a 5.5-inch display and supports S Pen.
8. HTC One X+ is the successor of HTC One X. It is powered by 1.7GHz Quad Core processor. One X+ comes with an 8MP camera and a fast 2.0 wide aperture lens. The screen of One X+ is covered with 2.5 D Gorilla Glass to protect it from Scratches.
9. Nokia Lumia 920 runs on Windows Phone 8. The Lumia 920 has PureView technology and features an 8.7 megapixel sensor. Lumia 920 is powered by a 1.5GHz processor, 1GB of RAM and offers 32GB of internal storage.
10. The Nexus 4 is manufactured by LG. Nexus 4 is powered by the latest Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS. The Nexus 4 sports a 4.7-inch True-HD IPS display coated with Corning Gorilla Glass 2. It has a 1280x768 pixel resolution.
11. Indian mobile manufacturers made great strides this year, and this list would be incomplete without giving them a mention. The Micromax A110 is our pick given the large screen experience it offers at a sub-Rs. 10,000 price tag.