1. It is powered by a 1.7GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Plus dual-core processor along with Adreno 320 GPU.
2. Sony Xperia SP packs in a 4.6-inch 720p HD display.
3. The back of the phone has a matte finish.
4. The front camera lens, sensors and the earpiece are placed above the screen along with Sony branding.
5. The back of the phone has a speaker grill along with an 8-megapixel auto focus shooter with LED Flash.
6. There's a light bar at the bottom end of the phone.
7. The micro-USB port is located at the left side towards the upper half.
8. On the right side you'd see a volume rocker, big round aluminium power/screen-lock button towards the middle, and a camera button, also made of metal.
9. The top features a 3.5mm headphone jack.
10. There are no controls at the bottom of the phone.
11. The phone has a removable back cover.
12. The SIM slot along with the microSD card slot.
13. Sony Xperia SP has a 2,370 mAh battery which is non removable.