1. Samsung ST550 digital camera features dual LCD touch-sensitive screens. With one LCD screen on the front of the camera and a second one on the back.
2. The 1.5 inch LCD screen located on the front of the camera allows users to take self-photos by themselves.
3. Samsung's new ST550 also features a 3.5 inch wide touch-sensitive LCD screen on its back. With a resolution of 1,152K
4. Its 12.2 megapixel CCD and 27mm wide-angle Schneider-KREUZNACH lens come with 4.6x optical zoom.
5. Samsung's Smart Gesture User Interface employs the built-in gravity sensor to set the camera automatically into self-portrait mode with smile detection with one tap on the front LCD screen. For self-portrait shots, users need only tap and smile and the picture will be taken without pressing on the shutter button.
6. Additionally, by tilting the camera towards a certain direction, users can go directly to a different mode or view their saved images.
7. Samsung's Smart Face Recognition technology will remember up to 20 faces and optimise the focus and exposure for the most captured faces on the camera. It allows users to sort images by registered faces and scroll through to find all images of the same person in their Smart Album instead of viewing every single photo.
8. The ST550 records 720p HD video at 30 frames-per-second in H.264 format. This provides two times the recording capacity using MPEG4 format and more than four times more using MJPEG format. It also comes with HDMI connectivity.
9. The ST550 comes in four colours - Orange, Black, Gold and Purple.