1. Samsung has recently launched the 5-inch Galaxy Grand smartphone-tablet hybrid in the country, available at a price of Rs. 21,500.
2. The device comes with a charger/microUSB cable, a spare back cover, proprietary headphones, manuals and a set of earplugs.
3. As part of a special introductory offer, the company is providing a complimentary navigator flip cover, 50GB of Dropbox storage and Music & Movies on MyServices.
4. The Galaxy Grand (Duos) runs on Android 4.1.2 out of the box with Samsung's TouchWiz UI atop that offers a fluid user experience.
5. The device has a plasticky look and feel like the Galaxy S III. Connectivity options on the dual-SIM device include Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, 3G, Bluetooth 4.0, GPRS and EDGE.
6. The device sports an 8-megapixel autofocus rear camera with LED flash along with the loudspeaker on the back panel.
7. Here we see the 2-megapixel front camera adjacent to the antenna and the noise cancellation microphone along with the Samsung Duos branding.
8. The display on the Galaxy Grand is a bit of a disappointment with a 480x800 pixel resolution that looks quite dull.
9. The Galaxy Grand (I9082) is powered by a 1.2GHz dual-core processor with 1GB RAM.
10. The Galaxy Grand (Duos) features a 2,100 mAh battery that tends to drain out within a couple of hours.
11. The headphone jack is loacted on the top. The device offers good audio quality with the company's set of earphones.
12. Measuring 143.5 x 76.9 x 9.6 mm and weighing 162g, the device feels bulky when held. The charging/microUSB port is placed at the bottom.
13. Each side of the Galaxy Grand has one port/button. here we see the power/wake button situated on the right of the device. The volume rocker is housed on the left.
14. The battery needs to be removed to access both the regular SIM slot, which is located next to the camera.
15. The secondary SIM slot is placed at the bottom right, next to the microSD card slot that supports expansion upto 64GB.