3. The body of Nikon V1 is comparatively larger than the Nikon J1.
4. The menu buttons on both the cameras are similar in terms of placement, however the buttons on Nikon V1 are slightly bigger than the Nikon J1
5. The lower part of Nikon V1 is smartly designed, housing the battery and memory card along with threaded hole for tripod mount
6. The lower part of Nikon J1 is similar to the Nikon V1, housing the battery and memory card along with threaded hole for tripod mount
7. The top section of Nikon V1 is pretty clean, there are three buttons on the right - the shutter button, video record button and a button to switch the camera on and off, the viewfinder is placed at the center and the the hot shoe at the left.
8. The top section of the Nikon J1 is very sharp and clean, there are three buttons similar to the Nikon V1 and an inbuilt flash that pops up whenever you need it.
9. The body of the Nikon J1 looks very stylish and is smartly designed.
10. The edges and corners of the Nikon V1 are finely build keeping the size in mind.
11. The Nikon J1 comes with the HDMI and USB ports and the Nikon V1 comes with the HDMI and Micro USB ports
12. The Nikon J1 comes with an inbuilt flash system, and the Nikon V1 comes with a hot shoe for an external flash.
13. Nikon V1 comes with a bigger 1900 mAh battery whereas Nikon J1 comes with 1020 mAh battery
14. Nikon J1 houses the new CX format 10 megapixel sensor and comes with two zoom lenses.
15. Nikon V1 houses similar CX format 10 megapixel sensor as the Nikon J1 and comes with a 10mm / f 2.8 block lens.
16. The Nikon V1 gives you an option to choose between mechanical and electronic shutter, which is not there in the Nikon J1.