1. Micromax seems to have entered the phablet category with its supersized Canvas A100 smartphone.
2. The device has been launched in the country for Rs. 9,999.
3. Box contents include a charger, microUSB cable and a standard pair of headphones.
4. The Canvas A100 features a huge 5-inch LCD touch display with a resolution of 480x854 pixels.
5. The back panel of the smartphone has a matte-finish. The device feels pretty comfortable between the palms.
6. The smartphone comes with a 2000mAh battery.
7. The loudspeaker on the device is located at the bottom on the back side next to the company logo.
8. The smartphone comes with a 5MP rear camera with LED flash.
9. The smartphone also features a VGA front camera for video calling.
10. The power/wake button is situated on the right.
11. The microUSB port for charging and data transfers is located at the base of the smartphone.
12. The metallic volume buttons find place on the left of the device.
13. The 3.5mm headphones jack is placed at the bottom.
14. The device runs on Android 4.0. The company has promised a Jelly Bean update for the smartphone later this year.
15. The Canvas A100 comes with 4GB on-board memory and allows for 32GB expansion via microSD card.
16. The Micromax Canvas A100 is a dual-SIM Android smartphone (GSM+GSM) with dual standby support.
17. With the launch of the Canvas A100, Micromax is looking to compete with the likes of Samsung Galaxy Note, LG Optimus Vu and Spice Stellar Horizon Mi-500.
18. Under the hood, the Micromax Canvas A100 features a 1GHz dual-core processor hosting 512MB RAM.