The big news is here, directly from Samsung Galaxy S III launch event in London. The Korean manufacturer has stated that India is in the first list of countries getting their hands on the all new Galaxy S III.
The smartphone will be launched in the first week of June, just after the May 29 debut in Europe. Coming to another important detail, Galaxy S III will be priced at Rs. 38,000 (MRP), while the street price is expected to be around Rs. 34,000. The pricing is in-line with recently launch quad core Android 'One X' from Taiwanese manufacturer HTC.
Announced late yesterday at a press event, Samsung Galaxy S III features a 4.8-inch Super AMOLED display, 1.4GHz Exynos 4 Quad processor and 8MP primary camera. Company has also revealed a new version of Touchwiz for the smartphone, and will be known as Nature UX. It adds host of new functionalities to Android 4.0 in the smartphone.
- 4.8 inch HD Super AMOLED (1280x720) display
- Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- 8MP Auto Focus rear camera with Flash & Zero Shutter Lag, BSI
- 1.9MP front camera, HD recording @30fps with Zero Shutter Lag, BSI
- Recording & Playback: Full HD (1080p)
- Burst shot & Best photo, Recording snapshot, HDR
- Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, WiFi HT40, GPS/GLONASS
- NFC, Bluetooth 4.0(LE)
- 16/ 32GB User memory (64GB available soon) + microSD slot (up to 64GB)
- Dimensions: 136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6 mm, 133g
- Battery: 2,100 mAh
Samsung Galaxy S III official: 4.8-inch HD display, 8MP camera, S-Voice
Samsung Galaxy S III greeted by mixed reactions
Samsung Galaxy SIII in pictures