After multiple reports and leaks of the White variant of Nexus 4, LG has
finally announced the official launch of the device. The device will be
rolled out in Hong Kong on May 29, before a wider distribution in other
Unlike the looks, the hardware on the device is exactly
the same as that of the phone's Black variant. The smartphone is powered
by a 1.5 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor and has 2GB RAM.
LG will ship the phone in 8GB and 16GB variants. All aspirations of a
32GB version are still deemed unfulfilled. Like its predecessor, the
White Nexus 4 will not support LTE.
The White variant of the
phone sports a White back, while the front is still Black. The dual tone
look of the phone is enhanced by the white side casing.
photographs of the White version were leaked
recently, after which an official launch was much anticipated.
before this, the phone has made multiple appearances online. It was
first spotted in January and then again during Google I/O. It was also
reported that White Nexus 4 would be arriving the Google Play store on
According to reports, the Nexus 4 is already available with
local retailers in India ahead of the official launch. Like the 16GB
black version that was launched for Rs. 25,999 in India recently, the
white version has been selling for the same price. The phone is also
available on online retailers such as Flipkart
and Saholic. The
phone is shipping with Android 4.2.
The White version of the
device has been officially announced almost six months after the phone
was first launched in November 2012.
Nexus 4 key specifications
- 4.7-inch 768x1280 pixel resolution (320 ppi)
- 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage (non-expandable)
- 8-megapixel rear camera, 1.3-megapixel front camera
- Micro-USB, SlimPort HDMI, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, NFC (Android Beam), Bluetooth
- Wireless charging
- Microphone, Accelerometer, Compass, Ambient light, Gyroscope, Barometer, GPS
- Unlocked GSM/UMTS/HSPA+
- GSM/EDGE/GPRS (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
- 3G (850, 900, 1700, 1900, 2100 MHz)
- Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)