After multiple reports and leaks of the White variant of Nexus 4, LG has finally announced the official launch of the device. The device will be rolled out in Hong Kong on May 29, before a wider distribution in other countries.
Unlike the looks, the hardware on the device is exactly the same as that of the phone's Black variant. The smartphone is powered by a 1.5 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor and has 2GB RAM. LG will ship the phone in 8GB and 16GB variants. All aspirations of a 32GB version are still deemed unfulfilled. Like its predecessor, the White Nexus 4 will not support LTE.
The White variant of the phone sports a White back, while the front is still Black. The dual tone look of the phone is enhanced by the white side casing.
Press photographs of the White version were leaked recently, after which an official launch was much anticipated.
Even before this, the phone has made multiple appearances online. It was first spotted in January and then again during Google I/O. It was also reported that White Nexus 4 would be arriving the Google Play store on June 10.
According to reports, the Nexus 4 is already available with local retailers in India ahead of the official launch. Like the 16GB black version that was launched for Rs. 25,999 in India recently, the white version has been selling for the same price. The phone is also available on online retailers such as Flipkart and Saholic. The phone is shipping with Android 4.2.
The White version of the device has been officially announced almost six months after the phone was first launched in November 2012.
Nexus 4 key specifications
- 4.7-inch 768x1280 pixel resolution (320 ppi)
- 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage (non-expandable)
- 8-megapixel rear camera, 1.3-megapixel front camera
- Micro-USB, SlimPort HDMI, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, NFC (Android Beam), Bluetooth
- Wireless charging
- Microphone, Accelerometer, Compass, Ambient light, Gyroscope, Barometer, GPS
- Unlocked GSM/UMTS/HSPA+
- GSM/EDGE/GPRS (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
- 3G (850, 900, 1700, 1900, 2100 MHz)
- Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)