LG had launched its entry level Android smartphone Optimus L3
in India in May 2012 and the Korean company has now launched a dual-SIM variant of this smartphone. Online retailer flipkart.com is already selling this smartphone for Rs. 8,299. While LG claims that this smartphone is available at a street price of approximately Rs.8,000.
Talking about the features, LG Optimus L3 Dual LG runs on Android 2.3, and sports a 3.2-inch display. There is an 800MHz processor on board and 1500 mAh battery. Optimus L3 Dual comes with 384MB of RAM, 1GB of internal memory and 3.2 megapixel rear camera. Though there is no official word but it is unlikely that this smartphone will get an upgrade to Android Ice Cream Sandwich.
Just last month, LG had launched its mid-range Optimus L5 and Optimus L7 in the country along with its flagship smartphones LG Optimus 3D Max P725.
Now with Optimus L3 Dual LG seems to strengthening its foothold in the sub-Rs. 10,000 dual-SIM Android market. However, the competition in this market is quite stiff and LG Optimus L3 Dual will have to compete with the likes of Samsung Galaxy Y Duos, Samsung Galaxy Y Pro Duos
, Spice Mi-425
and the recently launched Karbonn Smart A9 to make a mark.
LG Optimus L3 Dual specifications
- Dual SIM: Yes, (GSM+GSM)
- Operating system - Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- Size: 61.6 x 102.6 x 11.85 mm
- Processor - Qualcomm MSM7225A chipset @ 800MHz
- RAM: 384MB RAM
- Screen - 3.2-inch QVGA TFT screen
- Display: QVGA, 240 x 320 Pixels
- Camera - 3.2MP camera with VGA video
- Connectivity - Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0
- Memory: 1GB internal and expandable up to 32 GB
- Battery - 1,500mAh battery which gives 17 hours of talk time and standby time of 1044 hours on 2G and 10 hours of talk time and 909 hours of standby time on 3G.