powered by 1.2GHz processor
alongside 1GB RAM
and 8-megapixel rear camera.
User Ratings for
User Reviews for
On the first look, I just thought that it might be another crappy phone, or a re-branded Micromax ! But then the sheer size of the phone, and its ease of functionality kept me going on.
Needless to add, it surpassed my expectations several times over.
The basic colours on the display were gorgeous ! At first I thought that this was "just normal", but when we compared around 6 phones, on full brightness, the Lenovo was way ahead of the others. The colour gradations and colour clarity (saturation), far exceeded even the famed Nexus 4, and Galaxy Tab.
The basic gaming and application usage were normal, and it performs as well as the best leaving nothing to be desired.
Of course there were some aspects which could be improved.
1. Battery life - It lasts a full day, on heavy usage, but one is reminded of the Old Old Motorola and Siemens phones, which had to be charged once, sometimes twice a day !
2.The response is slightly slower than the Nexus 4 class of machines, but this is as expected, as the Antutu ranking is lower.
3. The touchscreen is slightly sluggish.
4. It is only a 4 point touchscreen, though the Call center informed me that this was a 5-point touchscreen.
5. The speaker is small and tinny for music. In the target market they are aiming for, it should have had two speakers, and better speakers.
1. The sheer size makes it easy on the eyes. The Icons and text are very readable.
2. The screen resolution is very comfortable and sharp.
3. The 3G to WiFi switching is good.
4. Phone and Internet functionality is perfect.
5. Other apps also function normally making it a "correct operating smartphone".
I feel that Lenovo, with it s reputation for innovation, should have done better.
It should have provided full USB functionality. ( reading and writing to flash drives, and using eternal Modems )
A double speaker system ( maybe with Dolby ).
Better Quality headphones ( mind you, their headphones are not bad ).
Accessories' availability. ( even till today, the screen protectors and hardcases are not easily available ).
The charging point cover-flap had come off within 25 days of usage !
The plastic flap is stuck on a flexible base, and the adhesive came off !
How can this be a user-error, or accidental damage, as claimed by the "SERVICE SUPPORT" people.
Charging port covers are supposed to be opened and closed ! ! ! !
Of all the phones I have used the charging point covers have not come off even after several years of usage ! ! ! ! ! ( read Samsung ).
But for the extremely shabby service response I would have given this phone a BIG BIG - 5 Stars !
Lenovo should be seriously re-thinking their service support. They should be making it more like Nokia !
Was this review helpful?