An okay phone
Vinay Bapat |
28 Jul 2014
I bought it 5 months ago. Below are some points that observed:
1. Display quality
2. Thin and lightweight
3. Reasonably good processor - I am not a heavy gamer so what this phone offers is adequate for me.
4. Camera resolution and features
Needs improvement on:
1. While during the call, if I take my phone away from my ear, the display is expected to show up again (due to proximity sensor logic) - however that does not happen always. There is a definite bug with this
2. Network radio strength is poor - at few places where network coverage is low, other smartphones show at least 2 sticks and this phone shows 0 or 1. Moreover, this phone keeps giving "out of coverage area" message to callers whereas other phones at the same location on the same network provider are reachable. Bug with the network radio hardware/firmware. I have heard this problem from one of my acquaintance also who is using the same model.
3. Battery charging socket is way too delicate. It stopped working on one fine day. I went to service center and found 2-3 more people irritated enough with the same problem.
4. Service center (in Shivaji Nagar Pune) is overwhelmed with the volume perhaps. I submitted my phone and they say "minimum time I should expect for repairs is 6 working days" - which is quite long a period. Given that there are many such complaints, they should have certain parts readily available in stock. Moreover, service center attendant needs to be more attentive towards customers.
Overall: an "okay" phone - not too great, not too bad.