You are here:Gadgets Home Laptops News

Dell says $24.4 billion private takeover deal was the best available option

 

dell-showroom-635.jpg

Dell Inc had considered many strategic options before opting to go private, the company said in a regulatory filing.

The struggling PC maker struck a deal last week with its chief executive officer, Michael Dell, private equity firm Silver Lake and Microsoft Corp to go private in a $24.4 billion deal.

Dell's largest independent shareholder, Southeastern Asset Management Inc, and three other investors have objected to the deal, saying the company is worth a lot more than the agreed upon $13.65 per share offer, Reuters reported on Friday.

The company said on Monday it had retained a management consultant to help assess its "strategic position" and concluded that the proposed all-cash deal was in the best interests of stockholders.

Dell said the statement was in response to "certain inquiries" but did not elaborate on the nature of the queries.

© Thomson Reuters 2013

For the latest technology news and reviews, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and get the NDTV Gadgets app for Android or iOS.

Tags: Dell, Dell PCs, Microsoft, Silver Lake

 


Comments

More From NDTV »

More From Web »

 

Advertisement

© Copyright NDTV Convergence Limited 2014. All rights reserved.
Sign in

Advertisement

Advertisement