I bought this device in Feb 2014 and I am very happy with the device. Below are few reasons to like or dislike it. Points of Improvements expected from Blackberry. And Pros and Cons of the Device.
This device is made for users who will use this one 60% for emails and communication and 30% for gaming and 10% for Photography.
What I liked in the device:
1) The Blackberry OS 10.2 which has very good Hub integration for all notifications.
2) The button less device for getting back to home page with gestures.
3) Multi tasking and keeping multiple apps working simultaneously.
4) The solid built and feel. In hand the device feels premium.
5) Stereo Speaker output is amazing. Love to listen to music on keeping it on loudspeaker.
6) The music output and headsets are surprisingly very good for a business device.
7) OS apps for business users like built in Office, Zip, Scan etc.
8) Facility of downloading and installing Android Applications from third party app downloaders like OneMobile etc.
9) BATTERY: Amazing battery life. It goes for 1.5 days for me with heavy usage of wifi, FB, Whatsapp and twitter
10) HDMI port: It allows me to connect to my HD TV to see videos/presentations etc.
11) With Blackberry coming up with OS 10.3 there will be improvement in the look and feel.
What I dont like in the device:
1) The Blackberry aaps like FB, Twitter, Linkedin is lagging behind as compared to android and iOS apps.
2) The downloaded android apps dont show notifications in the blackberry HUB.
3) Not all Android app are working on this device. For. e.g all banking apps etc.
4) The screen brightness is little dull. It can be improved
5) Camera needs lots of improvement in terms of speed, clarity, and software.
6) Accessories like cover, screen guards, pouch etc is not easily available. The one which are available are very expensive
7) Slow updates from Blackberry for essential apps like Whatsapp, FB, Twitter, BBM and also the OS updates are very slow.
If the camera was good or of 8 MP i would have given 4.5 stars.
4 stars for battery life, multi-tasking, music, emails and built quality.
I would recommend this device to business users and not to the multi media savy people who goes for photography and gaming.
1)Screen: 3.5 out of 5
2)Battery: 5 out of 5
3) OS: 3.5 out of 5
4) Camera 2.5 out of 5
5) Apps: 3 out of 5
6) Music and Speakers: 4.5 out of 5
7) Updates (apps and os): 3 out of 5
8) Built Quality: 4.5 out of 5
At this moment this is the best device available from Blackberry and it has a kind of premium feel and will give a satisfaction if you are a Blackberry lover.
Was this review helpful?
user(s) found this review helpful