"Our association with Akamai gives us the right opportunity to offer the best content in the most secure way, surpassing the challenge of data connectivity in India," Badri Sanjeevi, Mauj Mobile's co-founder and chief executive officer, said in a statement.
"Benefitting from Akamai's strong capabilities to offer content delivery network (CDN), Mauj Mobile intends to create an ecosystem that instantly adapts to the internet conditions and builds a hassle free gaming network," Sanjeevi added.
India witnesses a massive growth in the number of games downloads. However, internet connectivity poses as a barrier in the number of downloads that can be made either directly from mobile operator networks or Wi-Fi, the statement said.
To be able to meet customer expectations, Mauj implemented Akamai's Media Delivery Solutions, Fast DNS and cloud monitor solutions, which helped Mauj deliver gaming content securely with more than 90 percent bandwidth offload.
In the last 12 months, Mauj Mobile saw over 100MM game downloads through its two market places Mobango.com and newly launched Gamesbond.com.
About 30-40 percent of downloads were on mobile operator data networks and the remaining 60 percent through Wi-Fi networks.
"The gaming industry in India is growing and is supported by the increasing usage of mobile. According to Nasscom, the mobile gaming industry is now at about $150 million and is growing at 30 percent every year," said Sidharth Malik, vice president and managing director, Akamai Technologies.
Wednesday's announcement is in continuation of the two companies' association that began in 2012 to seamlessly deliver online content to their consumers across India.