Facebook's iOS app has inherited a host of features from the Facebook Camera app in the latest update. Version 5.1 of the app brings the ability to upload multiple photos at the same time and apply Instagram-like filters to photos, both features that have been available in the Facebook Camera app since launch.
The update also brings a new Messenger interface that slides in whenever you swipe left, similar to the main menu that slides in when you swipe right. The Messenger also gets a favourites option where you can add your most frequently-messaged contacts for easy access.
The major additions of course are the photo-related features mentioned earlier. Since the features are similar to the Facebook Camera app, we recommend you read our review of the app to get an overview of how to use the filters and multi-photos upload option.
Here are the complete release notes of the version 5.1 of the Facebook iOS app.
- Now it's easier to chat with your friends and share multiple photos.
- Swipe left anywhere in the app to quickly see who's available and send a message
- Add friends you message most to the top of your Favorites
- Share multiple photos fast
- Give real gifts to your friends using Facebook Gifts (US-only)
- When sending messages, see who's active so you and your friends know how soon to expect a reply