Facebook's iOS app has inherited a host of features from the Facebook
Camera app in the latest update. Version 5.1 of the app brings the
ability to upload multiple photos at the same time and apply
Instagram-like filters to photos, both features that have been available
in the Facebook Camera app
The update also brings a new Messenger interface
that slides in whenever you swipe left, similar to the main menu that
slides in when you swipe right. The Messenger also gets a favourites
option where you can add your most frequently-messaged contacts for easy
The major additions of course are the photo-related
features mentioned earlier. Since the features are similar to the
Facebook Camera app, we recommend you read our review
of the app to get an overview of how to use the filters and
multi-photos upload option.
Here are the complete release notes of the version 5.1 of the Facebook iOS app.
- Now it's easier to chat with your friends and share multiple photos.
- Swipe left anywhere in the app to quickly see who's available and send a message
- Add friends you message most to the top of your Favorites
- Share multiple photos fast
- Give real gifts to your friends using Facebook Gifts (US-only)
- When sending messages, see who's active so you and your friends know how soon to expect a reply